Coming to Fusion from Abroad

Archiv
karkki

Coming to Fusion from Abroad

Beitrag von karkki »

Hi,

maybe someone can help me out of my dilemma.

Me and my friend are flying to Berlin and taking the bus from there to the Fusion.
But we aren´t that into to take everything with us (tent, sleeping bags and so, difficult to transport) -is it still better idea than to buy everything new? but if we would buy them, is there a place in berlin where to get everything for OK price?

RV (Wohnwagen) would be of course the "easiest" for us, but i think for just 2 of us, it would be also too expensive.

Suggestions what to do?
Strahlekind

Re: Coming to Fusion from Abroad

Beitrag von Strahlekind »

Hi,

understood you intend to buy camping-equipment locally in Berlin?
Just by chance, found 1 shop for outdoor equipment at Berlin, while I was looking for a my own new Fusion tent :-)

This is link should not be considered as advertisement, just as a good advice: http://www.mctrek.de/Service/filialen/B ... lottenburg

Pricewise no idea if OK-prices available.
Guess there are many other shops where its worth to have a look at...

However of course please take care of your schedule in regard to your plannings i.e. Airport-Shop-Bus-Fusion

Best regards

++hope I did not reply to a spam-bot++
Klara Sein

Beitrag von Klara Sein »

Ich wäre da vorsichtig. Berlin ist zwar groß, ich kann mir trotzdem vorstellen, daß so kurz vor der Fusion die günstigen Sachen schon sehr ausgesucht sind. Außerdem müßt ihr den Kram doch auch mit zurück nehmen. Ich würde mir lieber einen Trekkingrucksack besorgen, notfalls auch leihen und ihn zu Hause packen. Zelt, Schlafsack und ähnliches kann außen angehängt werden.
Mein Englisch ist echt beschissen, vielleicht mag ja jemand meinen Beitrag übersetzen. :roll:
DieEnteMedusa

Beitrag von DieEnteMedusa »

@ Klara

An sich eine gute Idee.
Aber je nach Fluggesellschaft (Billigflieger) problematisch, denn das ist unter Umständen so ein Rucksack schon (teures) Übergepäck.
"Wenn wir bedenken, dass wir alle verrückt sind, ist das Leben erklärt." [Mark Twain]
Klara Sein

Beitrag von Klara Sein »

Darf man denn nicht immer ein Gepäckstück bis 20 kg mitnehmen?
Die Sachen können ja auch nicht einfach auf der Fusion liegen bleiben.
DieEnteMedusa

Beitrag von DieEnteMedusa »

Soweit ich weiß (Angaben ohne Gewähr) gibt es (Billig-) Airlines, bei denen nur Handgepäck inklusive ist.
Für alles andere muss extra gezahlt werden.
"Wenn wir bedenken, dass wir alle verrückt sind, ist das Leben erklärt." [Mark Twain]
BellaIZ

Beitrag von BellaIZ »

Hey guys,

what about sending your equipment by post to the festival. Might be cheaper than buying new equipment. Just contact the fusion crew and ask if its possible. I know from this possebility from other festivals.
...da beißt die Maus keinen Faden ab....
boeboes

Beitrag von boeboes »

Hi karkki
I would recommend you to take yor stuff with you by plain. I did the same last year, and there are good reasons for it... :D
-it's probably the cheapest way (even with extra cost for luggage (if i'm not completely wrong about 25€)
-why buy something new that you already own? I think you woldn't take the new equipment back by plain, right? Would be a waste recources...
-the way from the airport to a nice, cheap shop also takes time and money, even if you know exactely where to go
-no guarantee that some equipment is left to buy. A friend of mine wanted to buy "rubber boots" (i have no idea if this word exists in english ;) and all was sold out...

You just need a big bagpack where you can put your stuff in-and outside, even if it's a bit big and heavy. This year i asked all people i know about an wohnwagen to rent and, lucky me, friends of mine have one for reasonable price, so i don't have to fly again, juhuu :D

Hope i could help, cya in june! :D :D :D
Tommes

Beitrag von Tommes »

maybe it's a good idea to rent a car, if you have a driver license.
You can rent a truck from SIXT for under 40 US$ per day.
HeuleEule

Beitrag von HeuleEule »

Maybe its a good idea to bring very old equipment for the last service.
Gesperrt