Is it possible to stay outside the festival grounds?

Antworten
XtianR

Is it possible to stay outside the festival grounds?

Beitrag von XtianR »

Hello, Ive been to the festival in 2023, just for Sunday, and loved it. I would like to go this year and go several days, but I wonder if its possible to stay outside, as I have problems sleeping in a tent, or with noise around. So, if I stay in some other town, is it possible to leave and re enter the festival every day? Ive be leaving at night and returning the next day.

Also is there a shuttle bus from Neusterlitz that goes to the festival every day? Or would I be forced to take Uber or a taxi from a town nearby? Any recommendations about places to stay near that are well connected in terms of transportation? Of course Im willing to pay some extra money.

Thanks a lot to anyone that can help!
womo

Re: Is it possible to stay outside the festival grounds?

Beitrag von womo »

If you plan to attend with a motorhome, keep in mind the potential length restrictions. If the motorhome exceeds 6.50 meters, there might be regulations requiring it to leave the grounds. For all other visitors, leaving and returning each day should pose no problems.

Enjoy the festival, and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
XtianR

Beitrag von XtianR »

Thanks a lot for the response, Womo. I dont drive, so I cant go with a car or with a motorhome, but to rent a place in a town nearby and go each day to the festival and back to sleep to the place I rent.
ding3ns

Beitrag von ding3ns »

Ignore womo, they are just some some sour troll...

You can enter and leave the festival premises anytime you want. Some people do and rent holiday homes or hotel rooms in the areas nearby. But please be aware that the festival is in an extremely rural part of Germany. You will likely need to get a taxi for every trip to and from the festival grounds, and there aren't many taxis operating in this area to begin with. Free holiday apartments and and hotel rooms are scarce and might be quite far away, which will make the taxi trip quite expensive. Uber is non-existent. Public transport is a couple of busses every 2 hours and stops operating at around 6pm. The shuttle busses provided by Fusion really are just for festival goers to get them to supermarkets in the nearby small towns and only operate during day time.

If you really want to do this and are a bit on a budget, maybe you can still get lucky and find a holiday home (Ferienwohnung/Pension) in one of the towns and villages close by and get a bike and cycle there.
Partybombe

Beitrag von Partybombe »

Mein Englisch, resp. "very International" ist zu schlecht um hier in englisch zu schreiben, daher in deutsch.

Such Dir eine Ferienwohnung in Lärz /Rechlin. Diese Orte sind mit einem Fahrrad gut und
in ca. 10 Minuten erreichbar. oder in nahe gelegenen Campingplätzen.
Im Fusion-Forum gibt es manchmal auch Gruppen die
Ferienwohnungsplätze in der Region anbieten.

Es gibt auch noch die Möglichkeit in Mirow etwas zu suchen.
Dort hin fährt mehrmals täglich ein Shuttlebus hin und her.
ifindoubtlove

Beitrag von ifindoubtlove »

First: don´t rely on public transportation. You´re in the countryside and especially at night there will be no busses etc.

If you are willing to pay for every lift between the festival and your "home" outside the festival I can strongly recommend to contact zähnchen, who is active in this forum. He has the most reliable and affordable taxi service. Nice guy and always there to help.

If you don´t want to spend money for each drive go by bike. Either your own bike or rent a bike in the bike shop in Mirow (https://zweirad-flitzer.de/). Not very expensive.

Closest to the festival would be Lärz, but I doubt that you will find holiday flats there. Second closest would be Rechlin. I can´t recommend anything there cause I´ve never been there. Third closest would be Mirow. There I would recommend Ferienhof Mirow (https://www.ferienhof-mirow.m-vp.de/) where we slept the last year the night before the Fusion opened. Very nice flats and a very nice landlady. It´s 59€/night and a 20 min. bike ride/1 hour walk to the entrance of Fusion. You could also consider staying on the nearest camping site Kanustation Mirow (https://kanustation.de/), which is even a bit nearer to the festival than the Ferienhof. There it´s 14,50€/night, but you have to bring your own tent. And you could even rent a canoe and paddle to the festival ground. There is a canal at the south side of the Fusion where you could enter the site.

Good luck and enjoy Fusion.
Antworten