Phone use and respective social media posting...

Gesperrt
Monkeysafari2013

Phone use and respective social media posting...

Beitrag von Monkeysafari2013 »

7 x Fusion-goer here. After another wonderful (though very busy, too busy?) year I see a lot of posts about the increased use of phones or cameras (recording film and capturing photos), and the growing concern that by continuing to turn a blind eye to it (and therefore running the risk of people posting Fusion content on socials) it will attract a certain "influencer" crowd.... I also want to protect my Fusion from certain influencer types :roll: and, as like many of us, I absolutely hate being captured whilst on the Fusion dance-floor or anywhere for that matter.

I feel that with 80,000 people and so many volunteers already working so hard, it will be difficult (and probably a low priority) to catch people filming/snapping and then to do what? Tell them off? Kick them out? Instead, and although it's not a perfect solve, what about putting stickers on attendees phones at the entrance? When you scan the ticket, handout the program and trash-bag, then why not sticker the phone camera(s) and ask the guest if they have any other cameras (reminding them of the policy). It's 1+ more minute at the gate per person and YES, individuals can take the stickers off, but I do think that by putting them on it does make people stop and think, it does make you consider the WHY in the first place and maybe, just maybe it reduces (part of) the problem. Just a bit? This would have to apply to the artists too as I'm noticing a lot of my favourite DJs are also posting content. Maybe I'm being too optimistic in my post Fusion days, maybe we just have to move on and be the example for everyone else, .... but curious if others have constructive ideas? 8-)
ligi
Re: Phone use and respective social media posting...

Beitrag von ligi »

I have no better idea than to put stickers on phones. It will not solve the problem - but it can make it a bit better perhaps.
rauchhaus

Beitrag von rauchhaus »

Monkeysafari2013 hat geschrieben: Fr 7. Jul 2023, 19:01 ... It's 1+ more minute at the gate per person ...
as much as I would like that to happen, you have to consider that this means and accumulated 70.000 minutes of work at the gate. Thats 1166 hours or over 48 days added time needed to let people in. Also, I highly doubt it'll take only one minute for each guest - especially if you also want to account for additional cameras they might have to get out their bag first. It's not really feasible I'm afraid.
Monkeysafari2013

Beitrag von Monkeysafari2013 »

True - that's a fair point. I guess my response to that would be that you could hand out stickers at the gate with instructions and empower people to do it themselves... and hope that the act also gives Fusionistas the confidence on the dance floor to call people out for not doing it? :?:
DLaurel

Beitrag von DLaurel »

I think it's nonsense. This works (mostly) in clubs, but a huge, Disneyland like festival? People will want to be able to take photos of each other, of decorations and stuff, and I don't blame them. You can't control the photo making behavior of a crowd of 90.000. Or even 20.000.
Klebewesen

Beitrag von Klebewesen »

DLaurel hat geschrieben: Do 13. Jul 2023, 17:51 I think it's nonsense. This works (mostly) in clubs, but a huge, Disneyland like festival? People will want to be able to take photos of each other, of decorations and stuff, and I don't blame them. You can't control the photo making behavior of a crowd of 90.000. Or even 20.000.
This and thank about how it creates even more trash that’s harder to eliminate when people take it or it falls off. It is like sticky confetti. People can in fact take pictures, just not at certain areas like the dance floor and of other people without their consent.
Gesperrt