Question from a first timer dj's vs bands

Juul-Amsterdam

Question from a first timer dj's vs bands

Beitrag von Juul-Amsterdam »

Hi all, we're coming from Amsterdam for your great festival, and are wondering what the dj/band/theater/art ratio is. Are there dedicated stages for bands for example? Which stages shouldn't we miss? Many thanks and see you there!
holterdipolter

Re: Question from a first timer dj's vs bands

Beitrag von holterdipolter »

to be honest, fusion is best when you just walk around until you find something you like and then stay until you don't like it anymore. repeat after that. there will be big names playing under an alias, unannounced gigs, hidden floors, and a huge variety of music in general.

the big concerts were at palapa and palast der republik (or was it luftschloss?), the big DJ names at turmbühne and tanzwüste.

but really, don't stress too much about the timetable and enjoy all the great stuff around you as it happens.

in my first year i had a tight schedule planned that i abandoned after day 1, the second year i had one or two names written down per day, and i skipped half of those because i got distracted by something awesome along the way.
john difool

Beitrag von john difool »

holterdipolter hat geschrieben: Fr 9. Jun 2023, 21:16 to be honest, fusion is best when you just walk around until you find something you like and then stay until you don't like it anymore. repeat after that. there will be big names playing under an alias, unannounced gigs, hidden floors, and a huge variety of music in general.

the big concerts were at palapa and palast der republik (or was it luftschloss?), the big DJ names at turmbühne and tanzwüste.

but really, don't stress too much about the timetable and enjoy all the great stuff around you as it happens.

in my first year i had a tight schedule planned that i abandoned after day 1, the second year i had one or two names written down per day, and i skipped half of those because i got distracted by something awesome along the way.
True Shit
diesdas

Beitrag von diesdas »

I do the same as holterdipolter
Teletubby

Beitrag von Teletubby »

we mostly hang out, wherever there's space in the shade available. always travel with timetable, mostly abandon it….
Krachtigall

Beitrag von Krachtigall »

Haha..i believe your problem wont be finding s.th. u like,
It's more like having the problem that everything is so beautiful/fun/etc. that you'll get stuck
Juul-Amsterdam

Many thanks all, it sound amazing. We're looking forward to it, hope to see you there!

Beitrag von 33602 »

like people said, floating around is the key for most times. Maybe there will be some cornerstones when the timetable goes online. Sometimes i regreted a little about missing acts, because i lost it again somewhere. Its always been because i stumbled upon something else and got stuck :lol: or sometimes because gigs at 5 in the morning where out of my capabilities.
besides loosing my head i always loved to stumble across Bachstelzen, Räuberhöhlen, Schuhkartons, sitting on top the Hangar beside Turmbühne when its opening ceremony or for a sunrise.
Use comfy shoes and take your time, for it will usually overwhelm and confuse. So a daylight round during Wednesday helps to get into what will be happening at night. Thats my small advice, but its going to different then planned, so better dont plan too much;-)
Juul-Amsterdam

33602 hat geschrieben: Sa 10. Jun 2023, 23:30 like people said, floating around is the key for most times. Maybe there will be some cornerstones when the timetable goes online. Sometimes i regreted a little about missing acts, because i lost it again somewhere. Its always been because i stumbled upon something else and got stuck :lol: or sometimes because gigs at 5 in the morning where out of my capabilities.
besides loosing my head i always loved to stumble across Bachstelzen, Räuberhöhlen, Schuhkartons, sitting on top the Hangar beside Turmbühne when its opening ceremony or for a sunrise.
Use comfy shoes and take your time, for it will usually overwhelm and confuse. So a daylight round during Wednesday helps to get into what will be happening at night. Thats my small advice, but its going to different then planned, so better dont plan too much;-)

Thanks for the advice! Another question about the daylight/nighttime comment: what would you say is the best "window" in time to experience the festival, as 24 hour would indeed be too ambitious? By which I mean: what time should we aim to be on the festival ground daily, is this best in the daytime until beginning of the night, or best to start for example from 5 or 6 pm and through the night? Thanks again!
Deleted User 50886

Beitrag von Deleted User 50886 »

in my opinion u can experience fusion in many different ways.
the festival side is huge and everything is happening at the same time.
it took me the second and maybe the third time attending it just to figure out where i am and what is happening.
just let everything go and let it happen. without any expectations.
every soul is part of the festival and it comes to life through everyones creativity.
you can be free there, so responsibilty for yourself, others and the environment is very important.
whatever that means.
nobody should describe it, because its different to anyone.
Gesperrt