First Timer coming from the United States

divergenz

Re: First Timer coming from the United States

Beitrag von divergenz »

Adrian1188 hat geschrieben: Fr 14. Jun 2019, 14:04 Will cheap styrofoam coolers be able to be purchased at Konsum or will we need to bring that with us?
Most definitely not. sounds over-engineered. Otherwise just buy your beer there, it's reasonably cheap (2.50€) and you support the groups.
Mego

Beitrag von Mego »

Adrian1188 hat geschrieben: Fr 14. Jun 2019, 03:55 C) Also, we will be flying into Berlin the weekend before to experience the nightlife around town (Ritter Butzke, Berghain, Kater Blau, Sisyphos, Tresor etc) with a day trip to Hamburg thrown in on Monday. Any recommendations on Bars/Restaurants that aren't tourist traps that you locals go eat at while we're in each city would be awesome.
in my opinion its not worth it to visit hamburg für just 1 day (on Monday!!), if you arent here for an event. Weekend in Berlin, Tuesday on Fusion, and in between visit Hamburg? But nevermind, here are not that much "tourist traps". If you are using a bike, tourist are the most dangerous thing here (nah, just on Hotspots are lot of tourist, the traffic is much more risky). Dont spend money for people who wanna build a Hospital for blind Kids, Prices are written on Cards everywhere (Tip for Service is not included! - like 5-10% is fair, if you are happy). If you share Bikes, you can reach everything really fast. Its not like Berlin and you will stay in center of Hamburg.
Dont forget your cagoule!
Adrian1188

Beitrag von Adrian1188 »

Mego hat geschrieben: Fr 14. Jun 2019, 16:52
Adrian1188 hat geschrieben: Fr 14. Jun 2019, 03:55 C) Also, we will be flying into Berlin the weekend before to experience the nightlife around town (Ritter Butzke, Berghain, Kater Blau, Sisyphos, Tresor etc) with a day trip to Hamburg thrown in on Monday. Any recommendations on Bars/Restaurants that aren't tourist traps that you locals go eat at while we're in each city would be awesome.
in my opinion its not worth it to visit hamburg für just 1 day (on Monday!!), if you arent here for an event. Weekend in Berlin, Tuesday on Fusion, and in between visit Hamburg? But nevermind, here are not that much "tourist traps". If you are using a bike, tourist are the most dangerous thing here (nah, just on Hotspots are lot of tourist, the traffic is much more risky). Dont spend money for people who wanna build a Hospital for blind Kids, Prices are written on Cards everywhere (Tip for Service is not included! - like 5-10% is fair, if you are happy). If you share Bikes, you can reach everything really fast. Its not like Berlin and you will stay in center of Hamburg.
Dont forget your cagoule!
Well we figured we'd go catch a train early in the morning for the day and walk around and eat for a few hours, check out the harbor and Berenberg Bank. We just want to see another city while we're out here. We dont know when we'll be back so we want to see as much as we can with the time that we have. We know we wouldnt be able to do as much as we'd like, but something is better than nothing.
Loslos321

Beitrag von Loslos321 »

How do you know about the fusion?
divergenz

Beitrag von divergenz »

And why of all festivals fusion?
Adrian1188

Beitrag von Adrian1188 »

Loslos321 hat geschrieben: Fr 14. Jun 2019, 21:33 How do you know about the fusion?
I first heard about it through Soundcloud about 5/6 years ago seeing a lot of my favorite acts post sets from this placed called "Fusion". So I got curious and started doing my homework and trying to find out as much information about it as I could. (Very difficult to do lol)

I am a huge Progressive House and Techno enthusiast and this festival caters to my taste in music more so than any other festival I've ever heard of. It quickly became my favorite event just for all the sets that would drop from it on Soundcloud after it ended each year. It then became my #1 priority in attending some day, and discovering the fact that this event has no corporate footprint/sponsors/advertising attracted me to it even more. Only the people that truly want to be there for the music are there. No social media influencers there to take videos for attention and likes. Just the art and the music.

This was the first year I was able to financially make it happen and recruit a solid group of like-minded friends to come with me. They had their doubts about it because I was the only one in the states that really knows anything about this, but I've sold them on it over the last few months and I'm greatly looking forward to silencing their doubts. We entered and won the lottery on our first try, and here we are, days away from our first fusion. :)
jaegi

Beitrag von jaegi »

Adrian1188 hat geschrieben: Fr 14. Jun 2019, 03:55 A) What kind of vendors are on site in regards to hygiene and grocery products (if any)? Will everything need to be purchased beforehand or will there be places we can get things like wipes, paper towels, actual towels, and ice to refill our cooler with onsite? We arrive Tuesday before the festival and need to know what we can NOT purchase on site so we can get it ahead of time so we dont need to leave the grounds for anything. We are coming quite prepared already but there's only so much stuff we can put in our luggage.
As the others have said, there is "Konsum" (the onsite supermarket tent) where you get bottled water, snacks and fruit. Not sure about hygiene products, better bring those with you. There are numerous food stands which offer absolutely delicious food. The beer prices at the bars are also very reasonable. I usually just bring a couple bottles of wine and get the rest of food onsite, but as you come by car you don't have to be so minimalist :D. Also, pack towels and some toilet paper (there is toilet paper at most places, but if you have to go to a mobile toilet at night you will be glad you have it). Camping essentials you should bring are: sleeping bag, camping mat and tent. Additionally one set of warm clothes is recommended as it can get really cold in the night even when its hot during the day.
Adrian1188 hat geschrieben: Fr 14. Jun 2019, 03:55 B) Is every other campsite other than "A" able to be camped with a car? If space runs out with car camping, what is the regular parking situation like and how far away is that from the campsites? We're planning to be there right when the gates open, but you never know. Things happens and we just want to be prepared for anything if worse comes to worse and can't camp with the vehicle next to us. And lastly, any campsites to avoid at all costs? We do want peace and quiet on our downtime but Im hearing thats pretty hard to come by with the stages being so close by...
Can't comment on the car situation. You should definitely bring some comfortable earplugs to get some more silence. As others have said: make sure your driver is clean! And by clean I mean really clean, not like 1 day clean. The police does large-scale checks after (and to some degree before) the festival, chances to get caught are high (especially this year).
Gesperrt