police in helicopter

Gesperrt
grk1

police in helicopter

Beitrag von grk1 »

hi,
my question is regarding the brutal police checks i heard of last year (on the way back from the festival..)..
can somebody clarify what are they checking in terms of a "clean" driver? how "clean" of weed do i need to be and for how long before driving, in their non-humble opinion?

Bless up.
followtheV

Re: police in helicopter

Beitrag von followtheV »

Hi :)

Yes - there will many police control points around FUSION from arrival to departure.
If police picks you for extended investigation they ask/force you for an urine test.
THC can be visible in a urine test for up to many weeks.
Please get a clean driver. There are local people here on this board, that offer driver services to and from the FUSION.
divergenz

Beitrag von divergenz »

The Police's rights and possibilities have been successively extended during the last years. To that extend that they basically just can decide you look dopey and force you to do a blood test without any jurisdiction (judge) involved.
I always drive a (different) car registered in another EU country and they stop me EVERY year. I guess foreigners are easier "prey"? The police statistics from the last years reflect well that their focus seems to be on foreigners. Officially that's not allowed. Depending on from which country you come from you may perceive the German police as rather intimidating. "Barking dogs don't bite" is only partly true here. Behaving authoritarian is part of their job.
Whatever you do, please try not to raise the crime statistics. And make sure to know your rights.
zähnchen

Beitrag von zähnchen »

You should be clean for several days. The police checks will be even more this year. Up to 50 km around the festival is controlled
Fahrservice zur Fusion 01625209124 :shock: :o :D
Seit 10 Jahren für Euch da ... ;)
https://forum.kulturkosmos.de/viewtopic ... 35&t=24616. 8-) 8-)
FreuleinGrün

Beitrag von FreuleinGrün »

Even further than 50km. In 2015 I was pulled out three times on my way to hamburg. Out of these three times I was checked on the motorway twice.
zähnchen

Beitrag von zähnchen »

The controls on the A24 and A19 motorways remain. The police have only increased the radius from 20 to 50 km around the festival
Fahrservice zur Fusion 01625209124 :shock: :o :D
Seit 10 Jahren für Euch da ... ;)
https://forum.kulturkosmos.de/viewtopic ... 35&t=24616. 8-) 8-)
divergenz

Beitrag von divergenz »

Maybe the fact that they cannot really do anything apart from a few hundred € fine and few months driving ban in Germany if you don't have a German license makes them to be extra picky with foreigners? Would be interesting to read some police's opinion from our silent police readers here;-)
It definitely helps to have papers for your car and a drivers license in the first place ;-)
I assume you're doing nothing illegal and just want to avoid being harassed by the coppers.
Probably avoiding all petrol stations directly on the motorways in Germany (especially Bavaria) is a general good advice if you're not looking for confrontation. But like the others wrote, there is no such thing as safe passage.
Gesperrt