Cycling to fusion

Antworten
CVirus

Cycling to fusion

Beitrag von CVirus » Mo 7. Jan 2019, 16:56

Good day everyone,

The coming Fusion is going to be my first one ever. I live in Berlin and was planning to come via public transportation + my bicycle. I'll have a huge 90L backpack + bike pannier bags on my bicycle rear rack (so I can't walk a lot or cycle a lot). What is my best option to get to Fusion?

I was thinking of taking the train to Neustrelitz and then cycle from there to Fusion which is about 2 hours of cycling.

Are there other options that someone can suggest?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Juppes09

Re: Cycling to fusion

Beitrag von Juppes09 » Mo 7. Jan 2019, 18:57

My advice is to travel light and cycle all the way, perhaps in 2 or 3 days. Its around 115 km from Berlin to Lärz.

Trains from Berlin to Neustrelitz on wednesday and thursday are generally completely overcrowded. Its not much fun with a huge Bag + a bike.

It is doable since its only one hour by train to Neustrelitz but be prepared for seriously overcrowded trains.

CVirus

Beitrag von CVirus » Di 8. Jan 2019, 18:53

I'm not fit at all to cycle for 115KM :D + I got work.

My two main questions are:

1) Is it safe and easy to cycle from Neustrelitz to fusion?

2) Is there another place I can go to from Berlin instead of Neustrelitz that would make my life easier reaching fusion cycling?

590ca18b554

Beitrag von 590ca18b554 » Mo 14. Jan 2019, 17:32

I cycled to many festivals (with more or less train ride). I can guarantee you don't want to be in these trains.
Even in normal trains you will have trouble with a fully loaded bike.

My first advise is get rid of unnecessary stuff! You need much less than you think.
Second - NO BACKPACK! Your back and especially your ass will thank me later. Pack everything in bike packs or on top of the rear.
Third - train at least a bit beforehand and tweak your bike. Nearly a week of festival won't be fun with back or knee pain. Pack everything on the bike and see how its feels. If needed seek for help.
Fourth - the direct path is nearly never the best with a packed bike. Check the route and its profile. Search for good bike paths. Sometimes 10km more will save you stress and power.
Fifth - take it slow and use to ride to relax and have a nice time.

I can provide more information if needed - check lists, routes, tools, equipment etc. just write me a PM.

Cheers!

Antworten